Friday, March 30, 2012

RESOLVED Re: SQL Server 7: Query fails with error 7607

It turned out that I had to reapply SP4 once I installed FTS over
a previously installed server. Now it works fine. Thanks for
your assistance.
Ernie Limperis wrote:
> John,
> Looks like I misspoke. The build number on the machine in question
> is 7.00.1063. The machine with 1094 is our production box and I
> have't tried running FTS on it yet (can't build the index during
> business hours, and anyhow nobody got around to installing FTS on
> that machine). I know it's hard to say, but do you think the issue
> would go away if I install the security patch on this machine?
>
> ohn Kane wrote:
>
>
==============================================
Ernie Limperis home 510-525-8801
ernie@.sonic.net cell 510-682-6373
==============================================
You're welcome, Ernie,
No, I don't think that just installing the post-SP4 security hotfix roll-up
would of resolved this issue, as hotfixes are specific and this one is
specific to security issues. However, this post-SP4 security hotfix roll-up
does prevent you from re-installing SP4 once the security hotfix is
installed.
I'm glad you were able to resolve this via my original recommendation and
that I asked you what exact build you were on and you provided the info
(@.@.version) is most important in resolving SQL FTS issues!
Regards,
John
"Ernie Limperis" <ernie@.dnai.com> wrote in message
news:#nwevpV4EHA.1976@.TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...[vbcol=seagreen]
> It turned out that I had to reapply SP4 once I installed FTS over
> a previously installed server. Now it works fine. Thanks for
> your assistance.
> Ernie Limperis wrote:
most[vbcol=seagreen]
a[vbcol=seagreen]
had[vbcol=seagreen]
or[vbcol=seagreen]
security[vbcol=seagreen]
especially[vbcol=seagreen]
table[vbcol=seagreen]
'insurance')
>
> --
> ==============================================
> Ernie Limperis home 510-525-8801
> ernie@.sonic.net cell 510-682-6373
> ==============================================
>
sql

No comments:

Post a Comment