Friday, March 30, 2012

Resotring a replicated database

I have a database A on server_1 that is being merge replicated to database B on server_2 which is production a box

NOW

I want to restore database A on server_3 that is being merge replicated to database B on Server_4 which is test box.

How about do I do that with replication being involved?

ThanxI don't know that there is any way to restore a database that is involved in replication. It smells like a VERY bad thing to me because it would do horribly confusing things to the data and especially the log information that could send replication into hysterics!

If you really want to do this, I'd delete the server from the replication schema (probably all of the servers from the schema for Merge Replication), then do the restore. After that restore was complete, then I'd rebuild whatever replication I needed.

-PatP|||You can backup the replicated database but follow what Pat referred and go with this MSDN http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/replsql/replbackup_8enn.asp link for more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment